Cough can be mild as a symptom of a coronavirus infection and can last for weeks. Find out what causes your cough and how to get rid of it.
It is true that not all patients with coronary heart disease have symptoms. However, it appears that coughing persists for up to a year after 2.5 percent of the population is infected with the coronavirus.
If you have COVID-19 and you are still coughing, you are more likely to get into an awkward position every time you cough. Not only this, with the help of fire you can do welding.
Natasha Yates, an assistant professor of general medicine at Bond University, gave helpful tips for relieving a persistent cough in a conversation article, as well as explaining when it is worrying.
What is the cause of cough?
Cough is a way to eliminate “foreign” invaders from the body, such as viruses, dust and mucus, as it must remove any irritants. But it is also a way for the coronavirus to spread.
Why is the cough permanent?
Medium Inflammation, Our body tries to protect itself to fight the virus. The swollen tissues swell and form fluid. This process can take a long time, even after the virus has been eradicated. Also of interest is that even patients with mild symptoms may experience persistent cough after illness.
When should you think?
Although cough is one of the symptoms of chronic covid, you must first rule out other serious factors that can cause it, such as a secondary bacterial infection.
- Changes in the type of cough or the combination of secretions.
- Other symptoms such as fever, chest pain, palpitations or worsening of shortness of breath.
Other serious illnesses, including persistent cough, include heart failure and lung cancer.
What can help you
- If the cough is mainly due to metatarsal installation (accumulation of mucus in the throat or feeling of mucus pushes you to clear your throat), lozenges, Saline wash, Nasal spray And sleeping in an upright position will help
- If the source of the cough is dry throat, do not forget to drink water slowly, eat a little. Spoon of honey Breathe frequently and slowly through your nose.
- If you have pneumonia, control breathing and breathing Steam A humidifier will also help.
In the absence of secondary bacterial infections, Antibiotics are considered inappropriate And may contribute to the development of antibiotic resistance.
In conclusion, if you still have doubts about the cause or progression of cough, it is worth going to your doctor for examination.
Image Credit: Getty
You were reading: Coronavirus: Coughing after Kovid? How much should be thought